my brother is 21 years old and a chef in a 5 star restaurant and he still has dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets for dinner every night so don’t let anybody tell you how to live your life
sigh this was such a great two weeks i was honored to be here with you guys i’m gonna sulk and be sad for a while before i get over myself bye
Oh dear Louis, it’s obvious you both remember and rejoice at the memories from then, look at your faces… you’re just saying it because you both love hinting and we know it
[cute thing happens between otp]
[slides down in chair and pulls legs up]
[long high pitched whine]
[straightens self out and continues reading]
Watch Nostalgia Critic: Why is Loki so Hot? by Nostalgia Critic on Blip
If someone out there still has doubts or needs a reminder, everything is explained here! ^^
This is fantastic.
This is appallingly bad.
Like so so bad.
Why, you ask?
- He starts off spewing an ableist slur, then proceeds to make some jokes about how he’s not gay, just in case anyone thought he might be from the video title (god forbid the fangirls write more NC/Spoony slash fics)
- He then proceeds to spew some ignorant shit about how he doesn’t understand why women are attracted to Loki, quote: “He’s not even very masculine!”
- He then asks women to explain to him why, and I’m guessing half the people who answered him were angry fanboys because that’s what it looks like. Or he just misinterpreted literally every answer he got to suit his own “comedic” concepts for the video
Why the fuck is he psychoanalyzing women over this? This essay said it best - if it were a lot of men being attracted to a particular female villain, no one would even be fucking asking this question.
(FYI this is about straight women; LGBTQ women have their own different bullshit to go through when it comes to this shit)
Seriously women are not some huge fucking mystery creature. WOW. It’s so fucking surprising that we want a man who’s not necessarily the patriarchal ideal, WHO FUCKING KNEW?
WORST QUOTES OF THE VIDEO:
“WE KNOW WOMEN LOVE BAD BOYS”
“WOMEN WANT TO NURTURE HIM”
“WOMEN LIKE POWER”
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Women as a whole are not all attracted to the patriarchal standard “buff prince charmings” like Thor. We are not after powerful men because of some biological imperative bullshit reason you shits made up. We do not prefer “bad boys” over “nice guys”.
You know what the real fucking reasons are? I’ll give you a list:
- Women appreciate emotive men. We like men who are able to be emotionally vulnerable. Why? We don’t feel safe with men who are afraid of emotion due to their own internalized misogyny. emotional = “feminine” in patriarchal standards, and men who hate women hate emotion. Now, Loki was born into a terribly patriarchal culture that he is still trying to conform to, so he’s torn between both states. He is clearly more naturally on the side of being emotive, however.
- MOST PEOPLE find fictional villains sexy. MALE OR FEMALE. Why? They represent our own inner desire to rebel against authority. There are more reasons, but lets not fucking act like men don’t do this same exact shit, only women tend to humanize the villain while men tend to objectify and hypersexualize the female villain.
- intelligence, eloquence, etc. are attractive traits. WOW WHO KNEW
- He has lots of character depth and is highly sympathetic and identifiable.
- He’s very pretty.
I am fucking serious right now: Men, if you do not fucking understand these simple fucking concepts, then maybe you should just ask yourself why you think Catwoman is hot and then just sit right back fucking down and leave the analysis of women’s fandom participation to actual women, k thanks bye
I’m making a new tag for this, and that tag is “I Prefer Bad Boys So Fuck You”
i made a makeup tutorial for all my fellow feminists out there bye
Guys the Chris Argent School for Werewolves Who Can’t Werewolf Good is real.
I just realized that Louis is seen in the Nokia Interviews filmed in September 2011 (if I had to guess) wearing the same shirt with the ripped collar and it gave me a lot of boyfriend feels.